Frequently asked tree cars questions
We answer your most commong questions
Daytona Tree Care Frequently Asked Questions.
How do you care for a small tree?
- Deep watering.
- Inspect soil moisture once a week 4-6 inches below the surface.
- Expect indications of drought stress.
- Plants and weeds take on the tree for water and nutrients.
- Use mulch to reduce weeds and save moisture.
- Lawn watering does not offer appropriate irrigation for trees.
What are the best shade trees for Florida?
- Mahogany (Swietenia mahagoni)
- Black Olive (Bucida buceras)
- Gumbo Limbo (Bersera simaruba)
- Live Oak Tree (Quercus virginiana)
- Ficus Tree (Ficus aurea)
Do trees lose their leaves in Florida?
Yes, although Florida has a much warmer environment, lots of commonly Central Florida grown trees do go inactive and completely lose their leaves in the winter season.
What's the best way to keep your trees healthy?
Give it time. The good news is that, for the most part, trees can care for themselves.
Be careful where you dig.
Do not overwater or overfertilize.
Trim back on pruning.
Know your trees and your diseases.
If you have any questions, or need help diagnosing your trees health, contact us today.
What's the most common type tree in Central Florida?
Florida has 2 maple trees that are plentiful throughout Central Florida; one being the red maple and the other known as the Florida maple
Can a dying tree be saved?
Dead tissue is a part of a plant in which all the cells have died and will never ever come back to life again. “Dead” is not inactive: in winter, all the wood on a tree may look dead, but in a healthy tree most of it is really in a hibernation-like protective state called inactivity.
If you’re unsure, please give us a call and we will gladly come and inspect the trees on your property.
What are the signs of an unhealthy tree
- Leaf-free branches.
- Abnormal leaf color, shape, and size.
- Bare patches.
- Broken branches.
- Cavities, cracks, and holes in the trunk or limbs.
- Holes in leaves.
- Visible insects or insect evidence.